I saw this meme at Michele's blog and loved it. I stole it totally without her permission.
1. You have 10 dollars and need to buy snacks at a gas station. What do you get?
Oh my God, 10 dollars is a fortune at a gas station! Let's see, there's zebra cakes and chocolate chip cookies, Swiss cake rolls and oatmeal cookie. Then, you gotta get the salty - Pringle's chips or Cheetos. And a coke, of course.
2. If you were reincarnated as a sea creature, what would you want to be?
A mermaid! (Aside - Supergirl told me the other day that she's been praying that God will turn her into a mermaid. Good luck with that one, honey!)
3. Who’s your favorite redhead?
My (former) self! Why won't my red hair come back to me?
4. What do you order when you’re at IHOP?
Ooh, Cinnastacks! Pancakes with cinnamon and creme.
5. Last book you read?
The Breakdown Lane by Jacqueline Mitchard. It was very good. It's about a woman whose husband abandons her with three children. After he leaves, she find out that she has multiple sclerosis. It's cheerful!
6. Describe your mood.
7. Describe the last time you were injured.
I really can't think of one. Guess it's been a while.
8. Of all your friends, who would you want to be stuck in a well with?
Stuck in a well, huh? That doesn't sound like fun, and if I have to have another person in there with me, there isn't going to be much space. But I'll say Kelly, because she's always a good time.
9. Rock concert or symphony?
Oh my God, rock concert, all the way. I hate the symphony.
10. What is the wallpaper of your cell phone?
Um...whatever it came with. I have no clue.
11. Favorite soda?
12. What type of shirt are you wearing?
Black and white striped button down. (I'm at work - what did you expect?)
13. If you could only use one form of transportation?
My beloved Honda Civic.
14. Most recent movie you have watched in theater?
Sex and the City - but I told you that on Monday. Before that, it was Iron Man. I loved both of them.
15. Name an actor/actress/singer you have had the hots for.
16. What’s your favorite kind of cake?
Red velvet with cream cheese icing.
17. What did you have for dinner last night?
Soup and crackers
18. Look to your left, what do you see?
The wall of my office with the white board I never use on it.
19. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
20. Favorite toy as a child?
Barbies - wonder what I'll have to do to get them back from my mother?
21. Do you buy your own groceries?
Yes, we usually all go on a weekend afternoon
22. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
No, I don't think I'm that memorable.
23. Gummy Worms or Hershey Kisses?
gummy worms- I used to love those things.
24. What’s your favorite fruit?
25. Do you have a picture of yourself doing a cartwheel?
Oh, that brings back happy memories of gymnastics when I was a kid. No, no photos though.
26. Do you like running long distances?
I think I would like running if I ever got into it. I like the idea of running a lot. It's the actual, sweaty miserable reality of running that I can't deal with.
27. What is your secret trash food pleasure?
28. What color are your bedsheets?
29. What’s your favorite flower?
Roses - I know, so predictable, but they're gorgeous.
30. Do you do ballet?
*sigh* More happy memories. I took ballet from ages 3-11. Sometimes I wish I had never quit. (Aside - I totally need to find a dance class!)
31. Do you listen to classical music?
Urgh - never! There's nothing (music-wise) that I hate more.
32. What is the first TV Theme song that pops in your head?
"bum bum bum - Here comes Speed Racer"
33. Are you really worried about Global warming?
No. I think it's a normal climate change that our planet has gone through several times. I don't believe that cars caused it. They might make it slightly worse, but that's it.
34. What temperature is it outside right now?
I don't know exactly, but probably low 80's. Much, much better than the 100 degree days were having a couple weeks ago.
35. Do people consider you smart?
Yes - actually, people consider me "that weird smart girl" who talks about books and things they don't understand. I'm not that smart, though.
36. On what occasions do you lie?
Very few. I guess I occasionally lie to the children, but hell, who doesn't? That's a time-honored tradition, right?
37. Are you signed on [to] AIM?
38. Have you ever tried gluing your fingers together?
No, but I sort of on purpose stapled my finger about a month ago. C'mon, I can't be the only one who feels tempted to stick their finger in the stapler and try to see how far you can push it down before it staples you, can I?
Well, maybe I can.
39. How do you feel about your family?
Conflicted, but you all know that. My dad and I are close, though.
40. Do you have an iPod?
41. What time do you go to bed?
Around ten, although I almost always mean to go to bed around 9.
42. What CD is currently in your CD player?
Houses of the Holy Led Zeppelin
43. What movie do you know every line to?
Steel Magnolias, baby! And National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
44. What is your favorite salad dressing?
45. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I have no idea. I *never* make a Christmas list. I never have. My parents used to sit me down on Christmas Eve and demand to know what I wanted. Then, they would run out and buy it.
46. What family member/friend lives the farthest from you? Where?
I have a cousin in California.
47. Do you like hugs?
Yes, as long as I know the person giving me a hug.
48. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
When I had to tell a co-worker that I like that he had to do better on something.
49. What’s the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name?
Shelly doesn't really get mispronounced, it gets misspelled.
50. Last person you hugged?
My sweet little daughter.
Bonus content: Here is a link for an awesome new book, written by lots and lots of bloggers. A large portion of the proceeds from the book will go to Warchild International, a network of independent organisations, working across the world to help children affected by war. My friend Hotfessional has an entry in the book! I can't wait to read it.