Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mad Hatter

Swistle! Alert your mother-in-law!
Sometimes little boys with older sisters choose pink hats as their favorites. (But we love him anyway.)
Seriously, Wildman wears this hat around the house All. The. Time. And sometimes, he just carries it around like a security blanket.








And then occasionally, he'll pick a different hat and wear it sideways. (Although I think this is the only time he wore that hat.)









This is the hat we bought him last year on vacation, at Yellowstone. It was the smallest size they had and it swallowed his head completely. Now, he's grown into it.

(I don't know why the color is so wonky in that picture. Maybe I had a polaroid filter on the lens?)






This is how the hat fit when we bought it. Quite a change in almost a year, huh?

14 comments:

email said...

When SB was about 18 months - 2 years old, she always wore a yellow plastic Fisher Price bucket with handles on her head. We finally had to hide it because it made her head always wet with sweat and stinky.

Swistle said...

SRSLY. Pink hats. What's next? GIRLS PLAYING WITH DINOSAURS???

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pink hat!!

d e v a n said...

That's too cute!

Shelly said...

jmc - Haha! That is adorable! I know what you mean about having to take it away, though.

Shelly said...

Swistle - I know, right?! What is the world coming to? Don't they know they should only play with gender appropriate toys?

Shelly said...

Shelly - isn't that cute? I resisted for a while, but I finally had to take a picture of him in that hat.

Shelly said...

Devan- Thanks! He's our little hat boy.

Jess said...

Wow. I am impressed that he keeps the hats on his head at all. Also, I kind of want some hats for myself now.

Alice said...

haha, you couldn't PAY my sister or i to wear hats when we were little. whenever our gradma would buy us easter outfits with hats, there's invariably some picture of us having a tantrum b/c someone wanted us to keep the hat on long enough for a picture.

Shelly said...

jess - He really only keeps the hats on at home where it doesn't matter. They are more a toy to him than a garment. And he puts them on/ takes them off/ puts them on/ takes them off. That's part of the game.

I know! I wish I had some cute hats.

Shelly said...

Alice - hahaha! I know exactly what you mean. I was like that, too, except one Easter I had a hat that went with my dress and I *loved* it. Other than that, though, hats were a no-go.

Manager Mom said...

Very cute.. I love it when boys rock the hats!

Shelly said...

Thanks Manager Mom! I do, too!