Laura did this meme last Wednesday. (What? I'm only a week behind!) It's kind of a variation on the seven weird facts meme, which a) I've already done b) I think is hard as hell because I'm not that weird, y'all! and c) I'm just a little too lazy to come up with seven facts about myself. Her theme was food, which I thought was awesome. In order to not be a total copycat, I've chosen a theme, too, but instead of food, I picked Dates and Times. (Okay, really, I just had more coincidences with dates and times than with foods.)
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them)
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
Five Facts - Dates and Times
1. I've changed jobs three times in the month of July. The first time was not by my choice. When the company I was working for downsized and cut my department in half, it was on July 30th. When I left the worst job I've ever had, it was at the end of July. When I left my last job and came to the job I have now, it was in mid-July. Somehow, that's my job-change month.
2. When I broke my ankle, the emergency room nurse shared my birthday exactly, except that she was born in the afternoon and I was born at night. But not last night! (Buh-dum-ching!)
3. Friday the 13th's have never brought me bad luck. In fact, they've usually brought good luck. When we were kids, my best friend and I used to say that Friday the 13th wasn't the bad luck day, it was Tuesday the 22nd. (I don't remember what happened on Tuesday the 22nd, but it must have been bad.) It just seemed like on Friday the 13th, things went a little better for me. Years later, some co-workers and I were almost in a wreck on Friday the 13th, but we avoided it. Supergirl was born on Friday the 13th. I'll have to tell her birth story after this, but when the doctor decided to induce labor on Thursday the 12th, he said, "Let's put you in the hospital tonight, induce labor in the morning and have a baby on Friday the 13th! Hope you're not superstitious!" I just laughed and said, "Actually, my best friend and I used to say that Friday the 13th always brought us good luck." You'll have to hear the rest of the story, but she was born by emergency c-section and we refer to her as our "Miracle Child".
4. Both of my children were born on the 13th. Supergirl was born on September 13th and Wildman was born on November 13th. If we have another child, since we'll be scheduling a c-section, I will probably try to schedule it on the 13th.
5. I was born on October 18th, 1976 at 8:30 pm. The Who played a concert that night in Winnipeg, Canada. I have a bootleg tape of that concert. It's a pretty good show.
As far as tagging people, hmmm....
Alice is always a good time.
Tessie never does memes when I tag her! (or when anyone else tags her, judging by her post today!)
JMC who's meme's are more interesting than most people's regular posts! Seriously, how do you pull out such fascinating stuff for memes?
Desperate housewife, because she seems really interesting!
Jess, new reader and friend!