Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sad Days

Yesterday was a very low day. My grandmother passed away. It wasn't entirely unexpected; she had a massive stroke about two years ago and had been paralysed and not able to speak since then. She's been in a nursing home far away from her home (to be closer to my mother) for those two years and you could see the unhappiness in her face and body language. While I'm relieved that her suffering is over and she's free, I miss her. She was always sweet and gentle and was one bright spot in a very difficult family. I remember her as the one person who was always nice to me as a kid. I'm so sad that she's gone.

I will be spending the next two days dealing with my mother and her brothers, three of my least favorite people in this world. My mother is a sociopath, so she's a treat to have at all family occasions. Her brothers are manageable, they are mainly just rude to my husband and family. At least I'll have Rock and the kids with me.

Have a great week and a great weekend and I'll see you all on Monday

3 comments:

kirida said...

Shelly, I'm very sorry for your loss. Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful woman.

Alice said...

oh shelly, i'm sorry. i hope things go as smoothly as possible with your family.... i know (far too) well how it can be with a crazy family.

Shelly said...

Thank you so much, Mona and Alice. Yes, my grandma was a wonderful woman.

Things went fairly smoothly at the funeral. Not too much family drama.