Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Holidays!

I had a big long update planned for today, but now it's 5:30 and I need to run a few errands on the way home. So here's a brief update.
The endoscopy went well, but I'm waiting to meet with the doctor to hear the results. Could be some serious changes. I'm doing my own little "scientific" experiments. "if I eat this, how do I feel?" "if I don't eat that, how do I feel?" So far, it's been interesting. And yeah, has proven that I definitely did not attend medical school.

I finished reading The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood, which I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED. I will have MUCH more to say about this once I have more time.

Our office holiday party was last week and I finally found the perfect red lipstick after a four year search. I got so many compliments on it that I had to get it out of my purse to show people what brand it was. So you know it was good. In fact, here's a picture.


I'm thinking of sending out New Year's cards. I really wanted to send Christmas cards, but I've pretty well missed that deadline. So I think I'll just take a cute picture of the kids over the holidays and find a good card and send them out next week for New Year's. That's acceptable, right?

Happy Holidays to all! Today is my last work day for this week, so I'll be spending the rest of the week resting, doing a little last minute shopping, and opening gifts with my kids! Oh yeah, and eating way too much food.

23 comments:

ree said...

LOVELY lipstick. I have never, ever been able to wear anything but very neutral lipstick, so I am jealous. ;-)

Have a great holiday!!!

Anonymous said...

You, my darling, look marvelous!!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

PS - Am reserving that book from the library right now!

Sarah said...

That is a fabulous picture! You look ravishing- and yes, the lipstick is about as perfect as red lipstick has ever looked! Will you reveal the brand, or is it Shelly's Secret Weapon now? :)

Janssen said...

That lipstick IS great!

I say NY cards a terrific idea.

Jess said...

Love the lipstick! You look great.

Fiona Picklebottom said...

Great picture!

nicole said...

You are gorgeous!

We are sending New Year's cards this year. I have just not been on top of my game at all.

Enjoy your break!

BeckEye said...

Finding the perfect lipstick is always a joy. It seems like every time I find one though, it ends up getting discontinued.

mona said...

That lipstick is beautiful on you! I hope you have a great Christmas!

Shelly said...

Hot - thank you, darlin! I usually don't wear lipstick at all, so my co-workers were very surprised!

Shelly said...

Shelly - thank you! And I hope you love the book.

Shelly said...

Sarah - I will get the lipstick out and look and tell you what it is in my next post. And thank you so much!

Shelly said...

Janssen - thank you!

Shelly said...

Jess - thanks so much!

Shelly said...

Fiona - thanks!

Shelly said...

Nicole - Thank you!

I know! Me, either. And if I don't get them out this week, we'll be late for that, too!

Shelly said...

Beckeye - HAHA! I've had that problem many times. This one will probably get discontinued, too!

Shelly said...

Mona - thank you!

Alice said...

it's lovely!! you look fantastic. i've never found a good lipstick.. also i am lazy. burt's bees chapstick it is.. ;-)

Pickles and Dimes said...

You look lovely and beautiful!

Shelly said...

Alice - thank you! It is a pain in the neck to find a good lipstick.

Shelly said...

Shauna - thank you so much!