Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday

My little Wildman turns two today! From this:
















To this:























Happy Birthday, my little sweetie. I've posted his birth story before, but he was born by not-emergency-but pretty speedy c-section at about 10:00 at night. (Rock and I really couldn't remember last night. I think it was closer to 9:30, but he said it was around 10:45. I'll have to get out his birth certificate and check to see who's right.) He is a total sweetheart, but into everything. Cannot be left alone for a minute.

Also, a story from Supergirl. Yesterday, I wore my winter coat for the first time. I love it - it's a black and tan faux fur coat. I always refer to it as "the faux fur coat", which with my Southern accent, ends up sounding like "fofur". Heh. Here's a picture, although it looks better in reality:

(Photo credit to Bonanza Jellybean)
When I got home last night, I had the coat in my hand. Supergirl walks up, pets the coat, then starts rubbing her cheek against it, saying, "I love it!" Then she looks up at me and says, "Is it made of cat?"

14 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

Happy b-day, Wildman!

HAHA - a cat coat. Too funny!

Shelly said...

Thanks Shauna - I know, we now call it the Cat Coat. : )

Alice said...

happy birthday, wildman!! i love 2 year olds. although i don't live with any, which probably has to do with it ;-)

HAAA the cat coat! my friend had a fake-fur-ish one that we called her Muppet Coat.

Shelly said...

Alice - Thanks and yes, living with a 2-yr. old will diminish your appreciation of them.

Muppet Coat! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Happy #2, Wildman!


Heh- cat coat. Cracks me up!!

d e v a n said...

Aww, happy Birthday!

Shelly said...

Shelly - I know, where do they get the questions they ask? And thanks!

Shelly said...

Devan - thank you!

TSintheC said...

Oh mah holy hell. Those eyes on that boy. You are in deep doo-doo.

And I love the cat comment, too. Too funny.

Shelly said...

Hot - I KNOW!! And you haven't even seen his smile. And he's so sweet and nice. I am so dreading his teenage years. Thank you very much, by the way!

Thanks! I laughed until I cried.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word he is adorable!! Happy Birthday!

Shelly said...

Thanks Princess!

KAYLAPEARSON.COM said...

aww he is so adorable! I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving. I wish you the best. I very much enjoyed your blog and I will be back I hope to hear from you.

Shelly said...

Hi Kayla and welcome! Thanks for your well-wishes. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. Thanks for reading and please come back anytime.