Monday, October 13, 2008

Odds and Ends

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! This is a disease that is near and dear to my heart, because my great-aunt died of breast cancer. So I always try to help get the word out about October. As she did last year, my good friend Hotfessional has an awesome contest up! Jump over to her site and sign up. I really admire Hot for this contest. She's an awesome lady and this contest just demonstrates why. Love ya, Hot!

I haven't been posting much, and for a weird reason. I haven't been wasting nearly as much time at work. I've discovered a new Energy packet that you can add at Starbuck's - it's all natural guarana, B complex vitamins, and ginseng. I get it added to my coffee every morning. And I feel so much better! I'm not groggy and lethargic anymore. I actually accomplish things at work and at home and that makes me want to do more. So I kind of apologize for neglecting my blog. But I kind of don't.

I've figured out the kids' Halloween costumes! Supergirl kind of threw me because at first, she asked to be Sleeping Beauty. Then, (fortunately before I bought her costume), she changed her mind and asked to be a butterfly fairy like Barbie Mariposa. So I found a cute fairy skirt at Wa!-Mart that has little twinkle lights on it that light up, a wand and tiara set, and face paint with pink glitter. Now I just need a long sleeved pink t-shirt and I'll be set on her costume. I'm trying to find an iron-on or custom t-shirt shop that could do a t-shirt with Barbie Mariposa on it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Wildman is going to be a skunk this year. I found the cutest costume at Old Navy - and y'all, if you haven't checked out Old Navy for kid's costumes, you totally should. They don't have much selection, and the sizes only go up to about 4 or 5 T, but the costumes are adorable! The skunk costume has white fur on the head and back and a big patch of white fur on the belly! And they are very reasonably priced, too. The skunk costume was $15. I've already spent more than that on Supergirl's butterfly fairy and it's not done! I am so excited about Halloween this year! (Actually, you can leave the "this year" off that sentence. Halloween has always been my favorite holiday.) The kids are going to look great, and we've been invited to two Halloween parties! I love that Halloween is on a Friday this year.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pics of the kiddos in costume this year!

Shelly said...

Thanks Shelly - same to you!

TSintheC said...

Smootches right back atya kid.

And that's one skunk I'm really looking forward to seeing!

Shelly said...

Thanks Hot!
And lol! I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I can.

d e v a n said...

yay! Pictures to look forward to!

Shelly said...

Devan - same to you! I know those adorable boys are going to look precious for Halloween!

Alice said...

i love halloween!! this is going to be the first year in my entire 28 years that i won't be dressing up, since i'll be in france. boo. i can't wait for pics either!

Shelly said...

Alice - yes, but YOU WILL BE IN FRANCE. I will hear no complaining from you! ; )

You're so sweet! Thanks!